- 1¼ cups (125 g) rolled (porridge) oats
- 1 cup (125 g) sultanas
- 1 cup (250 ml) low–fat milk
- 1 apple
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup (35 g) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 100 g strawberries, chopped
- ⅓ cup (90 g) low–fat natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the oats and sultanas in a large bowl and add the milk.
- Stir to mix evenly, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- The next day, just before eating, grate the apple, discarding the core.
- Toss the apple with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Stir the hazelnuts, pepitas and sesame seeds into the oat mixture, then stir in the grated apple and strawberries.
- To serve, divide the muesli among 4 cereal bowls, and top each with a spoonful of yogurt and honey.
Preparation: 10 minutes, plus overnight soaking