- 1¼ cups (230 g) couscous
- ⅔ cup (85 g) raisins
- ⅓ cup (90 g) chopped prunes
- finely grated zest of 1 small orange
- 3 cups (750 ml) low–fat milk
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- ½ cup (125 g) fromage frais or Greek–style yogurt
- Put the couscous in a bowl with the raisins, prunes and orange zest, and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring just to the boil.
- Pour the hot milk over the couscous mixture, stirring well, then cover with foil or a folded clean tea towel.
- Leave to soak for about 10 minutes, or until the couscous is plumped up and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Spoon the couscous into bowls and top with sliced nectarines and fromage frais.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation: about 20 minutes