- 500 g new potatoes
- 1½ tablespoons (30 g) buttergrated zest and juice of ½ small lemon
- 1 sheet toasted sushi nori, about 20 × 18 cm
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Put the new potatoes in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook for 12 minutes or until they are just tender.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons cooking water from the potatoes, then drain them and return them to the saucepan with the reserved water.
- Add the butter and lemon zest and juice.
- Turn the potatoes to coat them with the liquid.
- Use scissors to snip the sushi nori into fine strips.
- Sprinkle the nori over the potatoes and cover the pan.
- Cook over a low heat for 1–2minutes or until the nori has softened.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.