- 12 ripe apricots, about 300 g in total
- 32 ripe sweet cherries, about 250 g in total, pitted
- ⅔ cup (100 g) unsalted cashew nuts
- ½ cup (125 ml) apple juice
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar to decorate
- fresh mint leaves
- First prepare the rosewater cashew cream.
- Grind the cashew nuts in a food processor or blender to a fine powder, then continue grinding until it starts to clump together slightly.
- Alternatively, use a mortar and pestle to grind the nuts.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the apple juice and grind again.
- Continue adding the apple juice a little at a time, grinding after each addition to ensure that the juice combines well with the nuts, to form a pale creamy mixture.
- Stir the rosewater into the cashew and apple cream and transfer to 4 small pots or a serving dish.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- (It can be made up to a day ahead.
- )Halve and stone the apricots, then cut them into wedges.
- Thread the apricots and cherries onto 8 wooden skewers.
- Place the kebabs on plates, serving 2 per portion.
- Put the icing sugar in a tea strainer and dust a little over the fruit brochettes.
- Decorate with fresh mint leaves and serve with the rosewater cashew cream.
Preparation: about 20 minutes, plus at least 30 minutes chilling