- 250 g glacé cherries
- 150 g dried mixed berries
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (50 g) shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (185 g) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (175 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 eggwhite
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Line the base and two long sides of a 17 x 28 cm baking tin with baking paper. Process the cherries and dried berries in a food processor for 30 seconds, or until finely chopped. Add the desiccated and shredded coconut, sugar, condensed milk and eggwhite and process for 30 seconds, or until combined.
- Press into the prepared tin. Smooth the top with a hot knife or spatula. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours, or until just firm. Using a sharp knife, cut into 50 rectangles, each about 2.5 x 4 cm.
- Combine the chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Using a fork, dip the cherry bites in the melted chocolate. Place on wire racks set over a tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until set. Store the chocolates in an airtight container in the fridge or a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.
Dried mixed berries are a combination of dried cranberries, strawberries and blueberries. Look for them in large supermarkets. They can be replaced with dried cherries or dried cranberries.