- 1½ tablespoons (30 g) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustarddash of worcestershire sauce
- 30 g parmesan shavings
- salt and pepper
- sprigs of fresh flat–leaf parsley to garnish
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- When the butter starts to sizzle, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over a moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4–5minutes or until the mushrooms are lightly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut the ciabatta diagonally into eight slices about 2.
- 5cm thick – they should be long and oval in shape.
- Brush the slices lightly with oil.
- Lightly toast the bread under the grill.
- Stir the mustard into the pan with the mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the worcestershire sauce and seasoning to taste.
- Cook for a further 1minute, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Place 2 slices of ciabatta bread on each plate.
- Spoon the mushrooms and their cooking juices over the bread.
- Scatter on the parmesan shavings and garnish with sprigs of parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: about 10 minutes