- 500 g (1 lb) skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces
- ½ cup (125 ml) bottled teriyaki marinade
- 1 zucchini (courgette), quartered lengthwise and cut into 5 mm (¼ inch) thick pieces
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper), cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) squares
- 4 spring onions (scallions), halved
- 8 canned water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- Put the chicken and half of the teriyaki marinade in a small bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to medium–high.
- Thread the chicken, zucchini, capsicum, spring onions and water chestnuts onto eight 30 cm (12 inch) metal skewers.
- Brush with a little of the remaining teriyaki marinade.
- Grill or barbecue the skewers for about 12–14 minutes, turning often and brushing with the marinade, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation: 35 minutes, plus 30 minutes soaking and marinating
Cooking: 14 minutes