- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons low–fat milk
- 6 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- 4 thick slices wholemeal bread
- ¼ cup (60 g) crème fraîche
- 75 g sliced smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dillsprigs of fresh dill to serve
- Lightly beat the eggs with the milk in a heatproof bowl or in the top of a double saucepan.
- Set over a saucepan containing barely simmering water – the base of the bowl or pan should just touch the water.
- Cook for 6–8 minutes, or until the eggs begin to thicken, stirring frequently.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- While the eggs are cooking, arrange the tomatoes, cut side up, on the rack of the grill pan, and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the slices of bread to the rack.
- Grill for 4–5 minutes, turning the bread over halfway through, until the tomatoes are lightly browned and the bread is toasted on both sides.
- Add the crème fraîche to the eggs, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further 1 minute, stirring constantly, until the mixture is softly scrambled.
- Sprinkle the smoked salmon with the lemon juice, then add to the eggs together with the chopped dill.
- Immediately remove from the heat.
- Place the toast on warmed serving plates and divide the smoked salmon scramble among them.
- Garnish each with a sprig of dill.
- Add 3 grilled tomato halves to each plate, and serve.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: about 10 minutes