- 2 red capsicums, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 4 short baguettes or baguettines, about 125 g each, halved horizontally
- 1 red onion, cut into small wedges
- 2 large zucchini, about 340 g in total, sliced diagonally
- 2–3 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 150 g fetta cheese
- Preheat the grill to the hottest setting and grill the capsicums, skin side up, for about 10 minutes or until the skins are blackened.
- Place the capsicums in a plastic bag and set aside for 15 minutes or until they are cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the cut sides of the baguettes under the grill.
- Remove the bread and set aside on a board.
- Remove the grill rack and discard any crumbs from the bottom of the grill pan.
- Put the onion, zucchini and garlic, if using, in the grill pan.
- Sprinkle with the leaves from the rosemary sprigs and drizzle with the oil.
- Add seasoning, if required, and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning the vegetables once, or until browned on both sides.
- Peel the skin off the capsicums using a small sharp knife and cut them into thick slices.
- Arrange the capsicums and zucchini mixture over the bottom halves of the toasted bread, spooning over all the pan juices from the zucchini.
- Arrange side by side in the grill pan.
- Crumble the fetta cheese over the vegetables and grill for 3–4minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Top with the remaining bread halves.
- Cut the baguettines in half at an angle and serve immediately.
Preparation: about 45 minutes