- 2 red capsicums, halved and seeded
- 250 g raw king or tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 500 g mussels in shells, scrubbed and beards removed
- 125 g scallops, preferably small scallops or queens
- 200 g linguine, preferably black squid-ink linguine
- 1 tablespoon capers in brine, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- Poaching liquid
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 French shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 head radicchio
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- First prepare the poaching liquid. Place the garlic in a large heavy-based saucepan with the wine, bay leaf, lemon, shallot and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pour in ½ cup (125 ml) water. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat until needed.
- Preheat the grill to high. Grill the capsicums, skin side up, for about 10 minutes or until blistered and blackened.
- Put in a plastic bag and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel off the skins; finely dice the flesh.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl. Season.
- To prepare the mussels, discard any broken ones or open ones that do not close when tapped.
- Bring the poaching liquid back to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Add the mussels and cook for 2–3 minutes or until open.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to a bowl. Discard any mussels that are still closed. Remove and discard the shells. Add the mussels to the dressing.
- Poach the prawns for 2 minutes or until pink.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; add to the mussels.
- Cook the scallops for 1½ minutes or until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon. Remove any corals; chop or discard them as preferred.
- Chop large scallops, add to the seafood.
- Strain the poaching liquid, then return it to the pan and add enough water to cook the pasta. Bring to the boil.
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Drain, then add to the seafood mixture with the capsicum; toss. Leave to cool completely, then cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the salad from the fridge 30 minutes before serving. Add the capers and seasoning, and toss.
- Line a serving bowl with radicchio and pile the salad on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon.