- 4 juicy oranges, about 500 g in total
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh mint leaves
- slices of lime and lemon to serve
- Cut the oranges, grapefruit, lemon and lime in half crosswise.
- Juice them using either an electric juicer or a simple citrus squeezer, preferably one that strains out the seeds but leaves in a generous quantity of pulp.
- If you have no squeezer at all, poke a fork into the flesh several times, then squeeze the juice from the fruit by hand, prodding with the fork now and again.
- Combine the citrus juices in a jug with the lime zest, 4 tablespoons water, the sugar and shreds of mint.
- Stir, then pour into glasses over a few ice cubes and, if you like, slices of lime and lemon.
Preparation: about 20 minutes