- 300 g tiny cauliflower florets
- ⅓ cup (50 g) cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bananas
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 persimmons, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ⅓ cup (20 g) snipped fresh chives
- sprigs of fresh thyme to serve
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the cauliflower florets and bring back to a full rolling boil.
- Drain immediately in a colander and refresh under cold running water.
- Leave to drain thoroughly.
- Roast the cashew nuts with the cumin seeds and thyme in a heavy–based frying pan for 30–60 seconds, or until the nuts are lightly browned.
- Tip into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Slice the bananas.
- Put into a mixing bowl, add the lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Add the cauliflower florets and the nut mixture, together with the oil.
- Toss gently to mix.
- Add the persimmon and chives to the salad and fold in.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to marinate for 15–30 minutes.
- Spoon the salad into a shallow serving dish and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
Preparation: 15 minutes, plus 15-30 minutes marinating
Cooking: about 5 minutes