- ¾ cup (110 g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) low–fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- sprigs of fresh flat–leaf parsley to serve
- Tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, about 400 g
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat–leaf parsley
- Camembert and broccoli filling
- 250 g broccoli, broken into tiny florets
- 150 g camembert, diced
- ⅓ cup (90 g) quark or fromage frais
- First make the pancakes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the eggs and a pinch of salt, and gradually whisk in the milk to form a smooth batter.
- Brush an 18 cm non–stick frying pan with a little of the oil, then heat.
- Add about one–eighth of the batter and tilt the pan so the batter coats the bottom thinly and evenly.
- Cook for about 45 seconds, or until the pancake has set and the underside is lightly browned.
- Use a palette knife to loosen the edge of the pancake, then carefully turn it over and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Slide onto a plate.
- Use the remaining batter to make 7 more pancakes, brushing the pan with more oil as necessary.
- Stack the cooked pancakes on the plate as they are made, interleaving them with baking paper.
- To make the tomato sauce, put the onion, garlic and tomatoes in a saucepan, and add the sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Cook the broccoli florets in boiling water for 4–5 minutes, or until tender, then drain well.
- Tip into a bowl and add the camembert, quark or fromage frais, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold together gently.
- When the tomato sauce is cooked, remove from the heat and purée using a handheld blender.
- Alternatively, leave to cool for 1–2 minutes, then pour into a food processor or blender to purée.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Divide the filling among the pancakes, roll them up and arrange side by side in an ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the tomato sauce and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
Serves 4 (MAKES 8 PANCAKES)
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: about 50 minutes