- 1 can butter beans, about 410 g, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup (160 g) Greek-style yogurt
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 g fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- To serve
- 250 g baby carrots
- 250 g baby corn, blanched for 1 minute and drained, then halved lengthwise, if wished
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small yellow capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 7.5 cm strips
- 4 pita breads
- 125 g sesame seed breadsticks
- Place the butter beans, yogurt, garlic, tomato paste, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- Reserve one basil leaf for garnishing, and add the rest to the food processor or blender.
- Blend to a smooth purée, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a bowl and garnish with the reserved basil leaf.
- Cover and chill while preparing the crudités.
- Preheat the grill.
- Prepare all the vegetables and arrange them on a large serving platter.
- Warm the pitas under the grill for 1–2 minutes, then cut into wedges.
- Add to the vegetable platter with the sesame breadsticks.
- Serve with the dip.
Each serving provides 2303 kJ, 550 kcal, 22 g protein, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 g carbohydrate (15 g sugars), 10 g fibre.