- 2¼ cups (225 g) original (rolled) porridge oats
- ½ cup (45 g) wheatgerm
- 50 g millet flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup (40 g) dried blueberries
- ⅓ cup (40 g) dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon soft brown or raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheatgerm, millet flakes, sesame and sunflower seeds, almonds, dried berries and sugar.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Put the maple syrup, oil and orange juice in a small jug and whisk together.
- Pour this mixture slowly into the dry ingredients, stirring to ensure that the liquid is evenly distributed and coats everything lightly and evenly.
- Spread the mixture out evenly in a non–stick roasting tin.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes, or until slightly crisp and lightly browned.
- Stir the mixture every 10 minutes to encourage even browning.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with yogurt, milk or fruit juice.
MAKES 500 G
Preparation: 15 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking: 30-40 minutes