- 3 cups (750 ml) salt–reduced fish stock
- 3 stems lemongrass, white part only, crushed
- 5 kaffir lime (makrut) leaves
- 150 g (5 oz) small mushrooms, halved
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 long red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 500 g (1 lb) medium raw prawns (uncooked shrimp), peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 4 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 cup (30 g) fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Put the stock and 3 cups (750 ml) water in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, mushroom, fish sauce and chilli and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns, spring onions, lime juice, curry paste and sugar to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until the prawns just start to turn pink.
- When the prawns have cooked, stir through the coriander leaves, then divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.