- 500 g (1 lb) lean rump (round) steak
- ½ cup (125 ml) salt–reduced soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup (60 g) small broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup (5 g) fresh mint
- ⅓ cup (5 g) fresh basil
- ¼ cup (7 g) fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ½ telegraph (long) cucumber, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- Put the steak in large bowl with ¼ cup (60 ml) of the soy sauce, the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice.
- Turn to coat the steak and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill pan or large non–stick frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the steak for 1–2 minutes on each side for rare, or until cooked to your liking.
- Set aside to cool.
- Steam the broccoli in a steamer set over a saucepan of boiling water for 5–6 minutes, or until just tender.
- Refresh immediately under cold water, drain, and allow to cool.
- Place in a large bowl with the mint, basil, coriander and cucumber.
- Thinly slice the steak and add to the broccoli in the bowl.
- Combine the chilli, sugar, remaining soy sauce and lime juice and pour over the steak and broccoli, tossing gently to combine.
- Divide among serving plates and serve.
Preparation: 5 minutes, plus 10 minutes marinating
Cooking: 10 minutes