- 600 g waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, about 150 g, diced
- 2 slices lean back bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Add the potato cubes to a saucepan of boiling water.
- Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly and cook for 3 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy–based non–stick frying pan that is about 25 cm in diameter.
- Add the potatoes, onion, zucchini and bacon, and cook over a moderate heat for 10 minutes, turning and stirring from time to time, until the potatoes are tender and lightly golden.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Add the parsley and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the frying pan and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until the egg has set on the base, lifting the edges to allow the uncooked egg mixture to run onto the pan.
- When there is just a little uncooked egg on the top, place the pan under the hot grill and cook for a further 2 minutes to set the top.
- Slide the tortilla out onto a plate or board and allow to cool for 2–3 minutes.
- Cut into small wedges or other shapes and serve warm, or leave to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Preparation: 15 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking: about 15 minutes