- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup rice bran
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 150 ml fresh orange juice
- 6 prunes, chopped finely
- 3?4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 1?2 tablespoons sesame seeds (or try sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
- 3?4 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1?2 cup apricots, chopped finely
- 1?2 cup banana chips
- 1?2 cup sultanas
- Combine all dry ingredients (except dried fruit) in a large mixing bowl.
- Warm honey and orange juice briefly in the microwave, then pour over dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Place mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, bake at 150°C for 25–30 minutes or until almonds are toasted. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine dried fruit with toasted ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
Tip: Other dried fruits can be used instead – try dried apple, cranberries, figs, pears or paw paw.