- 1 baguette, about 280 g, cut into 2.5 cm slices
- 4 tablespoons passata
- 2 tablespoons sun–dried tomato paste
- 4 roma tomatoes, about 250 g in total
- 150 g goat's cheese
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nutsfew sprigs of fresh thyme or oregano, plus extra to garnish
- Preheat the grill to moderate.
- Place the baguette slices on a rack in the grill pan and lightly toast on both sides.
- Mix together the passata and tomato paste and spread a little on top of each toast, covering the surface completely.
- Slice the tomatoes lengthwise, discarding a slim slice from the curved edges, to give 4 flat slices from each tomato.
- Lay a slice of tomato on top of each toast.
- Place 1 small slice of firm goat’s cheese or about 1 teaspoon of soft goat’s cheese on top of each tomato slice, and drizzle over a little oil.
- Scatter on a few pine nuts and thyme or oregano leaves.
- Grill for 4–5 minutes, or until the cheese is beginning to melt and the pine nuts are golden.
- Serve the toasts hot, garnished with sprigs of thyme or oregano.