- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1¼ cups (100 g) fresh breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat–leaf parsley
- sprigs of fresh herbs to serve (optional)
- Prepare a saucepan of boiling water with a steamer on top.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 15 minutes or until tender but not soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non–stick frying pan or saucepan.
- Add the breadcrumbs and stir well to coat the crumbs as evenly as possible with oil.
- Cook over a moderate heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until the crumbs are well browned and crisp.
- As the crumbs cook, the oil will seep out of those that absorbed it initially, allowing the rest to become evenly crisp.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a warm serving dish.
- Season the crumbs to taste and mix in the thyme, tarragon and parsley.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cauliflower.
- Garnish with sprigs of herbs, if using, and serve.