Ingredients350 g (12 oz) sirloin steak, cut 3 cm (1¼ inch) thick, trimmed of fat
3 yellow capsicums (bell peppers), cut into small triangles
4 spring onions (scallions), cut into 8 cm (3¼ inch) lengths
GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
½ cup (125 ml) rice vinegar
½ cup (60 g) finely chopped red capsicum (bell pepper)
2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
1 tablespoon chopped Asian shallots or red onion
1½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1½ teaspoons chilli sauce
½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Soak 24 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning during cooking.
- Freeze the steak for 20 minutes.
- To make the ginger dipping sauce, mix together all of the ingredients in a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Blanch the capsicums in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain, then rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the dipping sauce.
- Preheat a barbecue chargrill plate or a grill (broiler) to high. Slice the steak into 24 very thin strips, then thread a steak strip, a capsicum triangle and a piece of spring onion onto each skewer, twisting the meat round the vegetables.
- Grill for 3–5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately, with the dipping sauce passed separately.
Each serving (4 skewers) provides590 kJ, 141 kcal, 13 g protein, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 g carbohydrate (9 g sugars), <1 g fibre, 51 mg sodium.