1. Her fame is global, but she’s a small town girl. According to brand lore, Barbara “Barbie” Millicent Roberts was officially born on March 9, 1959, in the fictional town of Willows, Wisconsin.
2. She’s just one of seven kids. Over the years, her siblings for sale have included: Skipper, Stacie, Chelsea, Krissy, Tutti and Todd.
3. Barbie digs younger men. Her longtime BF Ken is two years younger than Barbie, debuting in toy stores in 1961.
4. She has had more than 150 careers, including paleontologist, Canadian Mountie, McDonald’s cashier, Desert Storm medic, business executive, secretary, Catwoman, and, regrettably, rapper.
5. She’s been to space three times. Astronaut Barbie debuted in space in 1965 (four years before the moon landing), then returned in 1986 and 1994.
6. Her house is a zoo. Barbie has owned more than 40 pets, including 21 dogs, 14 horses, three ponies, six cats, a parrot, a chimpanzee, a panda, a lion cub, a giraffe, and a zebra.
7. She’s got friends in the fashion industry. Gucci, Versace, Vera Wang, Dolce & Gabbana, and Givenchy have all contributed designs to Barbie’s wardrobe.
8. Her wardrobe is house-sized. Barbie has had more than one billion outfits (with shoes to match) designed for her.