- Since appearing in his first movie, The Absent-Minded Waiter (1977), Steve Martin has gone on to appear in over 50 movies, including The Jerk (1979), Planes, Train and Automobiles (1987), Father of the Bride (1991), and The Pink Panther (2006).
- He is an accomplished banjo player and this year was inducted into the American Banjo Museum Hall of Fame.
- He has won four Grammy Awards for his comedy acts and music.
- In 2014, his song “Love Has Come for You” won Best American Roots Song.
- He may have played the father of 12 kids in Cheaper By the Dozen (2003) but only became a first-time dad at the age of 67 in December 2012.
- Famous for his thick white hair, he began going grey in his twenties.
- While at California State University in the ’60s, he studied philosophy and considered becoming a professor.