Put out a grease fire
A bucket of water is not necessarily the first thing you should grab in a fire; if you are dealing with a grease fire, water can actually cause the flames to spread. Instead, douse them in salt or baking soda, or quickly cover with a metal lid instead.
Use as a natural mouthwash
Store-bought mouthwash can contain toxic chemicals and other artificial ingredients. The all-natural alternative? Salt. Stir 1 tsp of cooking salt with 1 tsp of baking soda into half a cup of water, then gargle the mixture. The salt behaves like a disinfectant, killing off bacteria that causes bad breath.
Keep cheese from moulding
Salt’s dehydrating powers can actually help slow the growth of mould on cheese. To reduce food waste (and save money on groceries), dip a paper towel in a mixture of 2 tbsp salt and 3 cups of water, and then wrap it loosely around your cheese before refrigerating.