Amaze your significant other with this DIY scented bath oil. The ingredients are available from your local health-food or craft store.
You will need:
1 cup almond or pecan oil
Concentrated candle dye (optional)
1/4 teaspoon pure vitamin-E oil
1/2 teaspoon essential oil, for scent
Dried herbs or flowers (such as lavender sprigs or rose petals)
8-ounce bottle with cork stopper
12-inch length waxed beige cord
12-inch length 1/2-inch-wide ribbon
Red sealing wax and stamp
What to Do
1. Measure almond or pecan oil. If coloring oil, pour off about 1/8 cup into custard cup. Shave 3 to 4 slivers of candle dye into custard cup oil, microwave on high 10 seconds and stir with chopstick. Repeat until dye is melted and color is evenly distributed, then return mixture to measuring cup. Add vitamin-E oil and essential oil, pour entire contents into bottle and insert cork stopper.
2. For visual interest, drop in dried herbs or flowers.
3. Create label and attach to bottle using rubber cement.
4. Loop waxed cord around bottle neck, catching ribbon at back.Then draw both ribbon ends over top of bottle and down front.
5. Wind cord around neck, tie off and cut excess. Trim ribbon ends. To apply sealing wax, cover stamp with a thin coat of vegetable oil. Light candle and hold sealing wax over flame for 10 seconds. Then cut a 1/8-inch circle from softened wax with a sharp knife. Using tweezers, position wax on ribbon ends, then impress with stamp.
Yields 1 cup bath oil.