Spinach and Fetta Omelettes
This high-protein breakfast will help sustain your energy levels for hours. For extra fibre, serve the omelette with wholegrain toast. Add a green salad for a nutritious brunch or lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 125 g reduced-fat fetta, crumbled
- 250 g red baby roma or cherry tomatoes, halved
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a 26 cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour in one-quarter of the eggs and swirl to make an even layer.
- Use a spatula to draw the egg into the centre of the pan from the side as it begins to set. After about 1 minute the egg will be set around the side and underneath but moist on top. Sprinkle with the spinach and fetta. Fold one-third of the omelette towards the centre, then fold over again to enclose the filling.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve immediately with the tomatoes, seasoned with freshly ground black pepper. Repeat to make three more omelettes.