Delicious recipe for a basic liqueur coffee, with plenty of international variations.
- 15 ml of your preferred alcohol (see list below)
- 150 ml hot black coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- whipping cream
- grated chocolate for topping (optional)
- Pour chosen alcohol into a cup or heatproof glass. Add the coffee. Stir in the sugar, as this helps keep the cream and coffee layers separate.
- Whip the cream until thick but still of a pouring consistency. Gently pour over the back of a teaspoon to float on the black coffee.
- French: 30 ml Cointreau
- Caribbean: 30 ml dark rum
- German: 15 ml kirsch
- Irish: 30 ml Irish whisky
- Italian: 15 ml amaretto
- Jamaican: 15 ml white rum
- Mexican: 15 ml Gold Tequila
- Russian: 30 ml vodka
For a slightly sweeter coffee flavour, also add 1/2 measure of Kahlua or Tia Maria to the above versions.