Berry Yogurt Swirl with
Walnuts and Pepitas
Celebrate berry season with this healthy swirl of goodness. It will give you the energy and nutrients you need in the morning. Use thawed frozen berries if fresh ones aren’t available – they’re just as nutritious.
- 1/4 cup (25 g) walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/4 cups (800 g) low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup (125 g) blueberries
- 1 cup (125 g) raspberries
- 1 cup (125 g) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons linseeds
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Put the walnuts and pepitas on a large baking tray, keeping them separate. Bake for 5 minutes, until fragrant and lightly toasted. Cool, then chop the walnuts.
- Gently stir the honey and cinnamon into the yogurt. Divide the blueberries among four serving glasses and top with half the yogurt. Lightly crush the raspberries with a fork and add to the glasses. Spoon in the remaining yogurt and gently swirl together.
- Add the strawberries to the glasses, then sprinkle with the walnuts, pepitas and linseeds. Serve immediately.