Baked Sweet Potato ‘Fries’
Baked fries are the way to go when you're cutting back on fat. These baked sweet potato sticks are so flavourful, you'll never know the difference.
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread fries in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn fries over. Continue baking until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes longer.