Man running late for work. Photo: Thinkstock
1. I dreamt that I had been fired, so I didn't bother to get out of bed.
2. I had to take my cat to the dentist.
3. I got all the way to the office and realised I was still in my pyjamas and had to go home to change.
4. I saw that you weren't in the office, so I went out looking for you.
5. I couldn't find the right tie, so I had to wait for the shops to open to buy one.
6. My son tried to flush our ferret down the toilet and I needed to tend to it.
7. I ran over a goat.
8. I stopped for a muffin, the shop was robbed and the police required everyone to stay for questioning.
9. A bee flew in my car and attacked me and I had to pull over.
10. I wet my pants and went home to change.
One in five employees admits to making up fake excuses. But if they think they're putting one over on the boss, they're probably right – only 35 per cent of employers say they don't believe the excuses.
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) on a weekly basis. For queries or comments about our Sweepstakes and product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 0800 400 060 or email email@example.com. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.