Walk your dog every day. Photo: iStock
1. Decide on one major goal, such as aiming to lose five kilos. Then create smaller, weekly goals, such as aiming to lose 0.5kg to 1kg per week, so you can easily monitor your progress and stay motivated.
2. Use a smaller plate so that you’re aware of portion sizes and don’t mindlessly overeat.
3. Drink two glasses of water before or with each meal.
4. Don’t eat on the run. Ensure you sit down for every meal and take time out to plan and prepare your meals once a week.
5. Make a smoothie with frozen fresh berries and low-fat milk if you’re rushing and in need of a snack. Delicious and healthy!
6. Offer to walk a neighbour’s dog or arrange to meet a friend for brisk “walk and talks” this summer, instead of catching up via phone chats. The time will fly!
7. Keep and carry a food and exercise diary, making sure you update it daily.
8. Put a photo of a happy, healthier you on the fridge door or biscuit tin for that little bit of extra motivation.
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) on a weekly basis. For queries or comments about our Sweepstakes and product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 0800 400 060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.