HOW THE COUNTDOWN TO CASH WORKS
- The Countdown to Cash draw is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or older only who receive or access marketing communications via email, mail, telephone or online from the Promoter during the promotional period. The Countdown to Cash draw opens on 01/04/2016 and closes on 31/03/2017.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer additional opportunities for entrants to receive bonus entries. Any such opportunities (and the relevant conditions and limitations) will be announced via the corresponding promotional material. The Promoter also reserves the right to offer entries into multiple prize draws on the one occasion. Any such opportunities (and the relevant conditions and limitations) will also be announced via the corresponding promotional material.
- Multiple entries are permitted (unless otherwise stated) provided each entry is on an original entry form (if entry is via entry form) and submitted separately. No facsimiles or copies permitted. Entries are not transferable. To be eligible, entries must be received by the applicable closing date. Additional deadlines may apply to certain prizes and based on postal guidelines and for entries via mail, the Promoter allows one week for delivery and one week for return in addition to any deadline stated. In some cases where it will not be necessary to return an entry form in order to participate, specific mention will be made of that fact in the promotional material. All eligible entries will qualify and will have a fair and equal chance to win the prize to which they relate.
- Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a cheque or by electronic funds transfer to the winner's nominated bank account. Cash prizes will be paid in the local currency of the winner. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
- The Promoter will conduct the draws as specified and the winners declared will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- All times specified in these Terms and Conditions are Sydney Australian times.
- In some instances, individuals will be able to enter the Countdown to Cash draws via the ʻCountdown to Cashʼwebsites. Individuals can enter the Countdown to Cash draws via the ʻCountdown to Cashʼ websites by following the below instructions:
- To enter, eligible individuals must visit http://countdown2cash.readersdigest.com.au (Australian residents) or http://countdown2cash.readersdigest.co.nz (New Zealand residents) and follow the prompts to the promotional registration page, input the requested details (including a valid email address) and submit the fully completed registration form. Entrants can only register once.
- Once an entrant has completed the above steps and registered, they will receive an email from the Promoter each remaining day of the promotional period offering them an opportunity to receive an entry (“Email Entry”), including on the day that they register (which will also serve to confirm their registration). In order to claim the Email Entry (and confirm their registration on the first day they register), the entrant must follow the prompts in the email to visit the promotional website and input the requested details (including details of their email entry code) on the same day that they receive the Promoterʼs email. Entrants are eligible to receive one (1) Email Entry into the upcoming Countdown to Cash draw for each day of the promotional period, from and including the date of registration.
- Individuals will also be eligible to enter the Countdown to Cash draws in other ways, by following the instructions provided by the Promoter in the relevant promotional material.
- All Countdown to Cash draws will take place at Readerʼs Digest, 80 Bay Street, Ultimo, NSW 2007 at 10:30am. The prize draws will take place on the following dates: 12/05/2016, 09/06/2016, 12/07/2016, 11/08/2016, 12/09/2016, 11/10/2016, 10/11/2016, 12/12/2016, 10/01/2017, 10/02/2017, 10/03/2017 and 11/04/2017. The first valid entry drawn in each draw will win $3,000. Total prize pool value is $36,000.
- All winners will be notified in writing within two business days of the draw. Prize winners will also be notified by phone, if they have provided their phone number upon entry. Prize winners, except those who have indicated otherwise, will be published in The Australian on 25/04/2017. All winners will have their names published on www.readersdigest.com.au/winners and www.readersdigest.co.nz/winners from the next business day following the prize draw.
- If a prize remains unclaimed as at 10.30am AEST 11/07/2017, the Promoter may conduct such further draws at that time and date, at the same place as the original draws as necessary in order to distribute any prize unclaimed by that time and date, subject however to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, except those who have indicated otherwise, will be published in The Australian on 14/07/2017. All winners will have their names published on www.readersdigest.com.au and www.readersdigest.co.nz from 14/07/2017.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting a Reader’s Digest draw (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- The promotional material, information on how to enter, and the conditions of entry described in them form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia and/or New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoterʼs control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrantʼs identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process including but not limited to tampering by way of use of techniques designed to avoid the payment of SMS costs or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Where purchase of a product is required for entry into a draw, return or non-payment of such product by the draw date/time, will result in that entrant being ineligible for a prize in that draw.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Online entries close at 11.59pm on the deadline date stated. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Countdown to Cash draw database and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Any cost associated with accessing any promotional website is the entrantʼs responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, non-directed or misdirected e-mail, for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of entries. Further, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage to computer systems from downloading any information necessary to participate in a Countdown to Cash draw. The Promoter (subject to relevant authorities) reserves the right to suspend, terminate or modify a Countdown to Cash draw or the online portion of the Countdown to Cash draw at any time if the Promoterʼs online service is no longer available or is compromised by any virus, bugs, or other intervention beyond the Promoterʼs control. In either of these events, prizes may be awarded based on electronic entries received prior to date of termination and mail-in entries and entries received via any other advertised method as of the closing date. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with any entry process or is in any other way responsible for compromising the orderly operation of a Countdown to Cash draw. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Readerʼs Digest (Australia) Pty Ltd, (ABN 81000565471), 80 Bay Street, Ultimo, NSW Australia. (www.readersdigest.com.au) (www.readersdigest.co.nz). Ph: Aust 1300300162 - NZ 0800540048.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/02040
ACT Permit No. TP16/00546
SA Permit No. T16/436